Thursday, March 23, 2006

"To be broken you were made." ~the old 97's

The other day I received a wedding invitation from a friend who is getting married this summer. I’m incredibly excited and happy for her, and I hope I can make it to the wedding because I really want to go, but it was a somewhat scary wake-up call. This girl is younger than me and she’s already found the person with whom she wants to spend the rest of her life. I’m nowhere close to marriage. I definitely want to get married and start a family with someone, but I don’t see that happening in the near future. I hope it happens eventually, though. I'm terrified that it won't.

I had a funny phone conversation yesterday, with a guy from whom our synchro team is buying an underwater speaker. I was in Amelia's office placing the order (she's in charge of sports clubs). When I called, the guy said he had to turn on his computer, so he talked to me while it was turning on and warming up. It took 20 minutes. He just kept talking and talking. Amelia kept looking at me, wondering what on earth was taking so long for me to be able to order the speaker. The guy was telling me about a recent trip he took and I responded with something like, "Um, no, I've never been to Budapest..." and the look/eyebrow-raise Amelia gave me was hilarious (because she could only hear my side of the conversation). It was an interesting phone call.

I saw North Country tonight and I enjoyed it. The three Oscar-winning actresses in the cast (Charlize Theron, Frances McDormand, and Sissy Spacek) are all fabulous. And I adore Woody Harrelson.

I babysat today and I have some funny quotes from one of the kids. These two boys I babysit are definitely a handful, but boy can they be endearing and adorable. Hanging out with them is a nice break from college drama. I love kids. Anyway, here are the quotes (from a five year old).
1. "Do you know why God is so great? Because he can't go to jail."
It was the most random statement and I had absolutely no idea how to respond.
2. "No, it won't fit you, because you're almost 71."
HAHA. Almost 71. That was acually quite a refreshing change, because people usually think I'm at least 5 years younger than I acually am (which is 21).

My music of the moment is Chess (the musical). I always find myself coming back to it and not being able to stop listening. I loooooove this show. I wish they'd revive it on Broadway. Right now I'm listening to the Actor's Fund Benefit recording of it. Julia Murney is fantastic.

No comments: