Saturday, November 27, 2010

"You made this world, you made this world, you made this world. Thank you, thank you. You gave me life, you gave me life, you gave me life. Thank you, thank you." ~glen phillips



I have a lot to write about, but I'll spread it out over a couple of days. Tomorrow I'll post movie reviews for Tangled and The King's Speech (all I'll say now is Tangled is so freakin' sweet and give Colin Firth an Oscar already), but today I'll do a Thanksgiving picspam.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year. Every year Thanksgiving dinner is held at my aunt and uncle's apartment and a whole bunch of us (like, dozens of us) cram into said apartment to enjoy the day together. This year's celebration was just as wonderful as ever.

I started the day with my lovely kitties, for whom I'm so thankful.

Every year we take a picture of the grandchildren on my mom's side of the family. There are seven of us. I am the oldest. I am also the shortest. I felt it was fair for me to commandeer a high spot this year.

It always takes us more than a few tries to get a good one.

Bess is a goofball.

I got to see my brother.

The game of Spoons always reminds my cousins of the time I lunged across the circle and wrestled a spoon out of my terrified youngest cousin's hand. I'm quite competitive. They won't let me forget the incident. But they're still always willing to play with me. I've gotten much calmer.

I think Sarah would be more justified in being scared of Bess now.

Like I said, Bess is a goofball.
Photobucket

On Friday we went to the Morgan Museum (they have a great Mark Twain exhibit right now) and had lunch there to celebrate my grandmother's 80th birthday together.

That day I took my immediate family to see Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson on Broadway (it's one of my favorite shows) and they got to meet my kitties. It was a great couple of days spent with family. I'm still digesting everything that I ate, and I'm thankful for the company I had.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know the game of the spoon looks fun.

Gégé