Sunday, November 28, 2010

"Well, I have been searching all of my days, all of my days. Many a road, you know, I've been walking on, all of my days. And I've been trying to find what's been in my mind as the days keep turning into night." ~alexi murdoch



I've been having audio problems, so hopefully it plays.

I promised movie reviews today, so here we go.

Tangled

This is my new favorite Disney movie. It's absolutely wonderful. It's an original, fresh take on an old classic, it's fun, the 3D animation is very well done, it's funny, it features the charming and expressive voices of Zachary Levi and Mandy Moore...it's just a really entertaining trip to the movies. It's seriously a lovely film that I highly recommend, no matter what age you are. I went to a sold-out screening and I'm pretty sure I was the oldest person there without a kid, but I still had a blast. It was fun listening to the reactions of the little girls sitting next to me.


The King's Speech
Here's another one that I highly recommend. Can we talk about Colin Firth for a minute? I love him. And I think he deserves an Oscar. He was nominated last year for his fabulous performance in A Single Man and he will undoubtedly be nominated again this year. I hope he wins (although I know I should wait until I see all the contenders' performances before I say that). Becoming George VI (Bertie) could not have been easy, but Mr. Firth manages to avoid caricature and gives a layered, realistic performance. Geoffrey Rush (who already has an Oscar) is also wonderful. I love him, too. Seeing these two actors work together is such a treat. This movie is a character piece and a historical piece, and it's a very good film.


Just because I love this photo, here I am with Geoffrey Rush. He really is a class act.

No comments: