Tuesday, March 03, 2009

"I don't want to talk about wars between nations." ~u2

I'm on Twitter now (not sure how much I'll use it, we'll see).
http://twitter.com/Clairvoyant94

U2 is on Letterman all week. Yesterday I called the standby ticket line in the morning and miraculously got through. When I got there in the afternoon I made it through the first cut. We stood outside for about an hour. I was #15 (out of 40-something). They only let in seven standbys. I was so bummed. It was snowing, it was freezing, we stood outside for an hour, and didn't get in. And then, to rub salt in the wound, they ended up playing a knockout version of "Breathe." My second favorite song on the album (right behind "I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Go Crazy Tonight," which I have listened to about 100 times and cannot get out of my head). Arg! I know I'm lucky to have seen them live in concert three times already, and I will see them on this tour and will see them play "Breathe," but still. It would have been cool to be at that taping. I'm going to try again on Thursday.

Another highlight of the show (besides the performance): the boys shoveling snow outside the studio. It was hilarious. Edge is the only one really working. Bono is dumping snow towards Adam, who tries to dump it back towards Bono. And best of all is Larry, who is standing still and smoking a cigarette. Oh, Larry.

Go buy No Line on the Horizon. It is on sale today and it is brilliant. Seriously.

No comments: