Wednesday, March 04, 2009

"Go, shout it out, rise up. Oh, oh. Escape yourself and gravity. Hear me, cease to speak that I may speak. Shush now. Oh, oh." ~u2

This is U2 week. Just so you know.

The opening line is from "Unknown Caller" on U2's new album, which I've been listening to nonstop for the past couple of weeks. My thoughts on "Unknown Caller:" the first time I heard it, my immediate reaction was that the melody reminded me of "The Hands that Built America." The chorus makes me think of "Numb." The theme of "Unknown Caller" seems to fit with Zooropa/ZooTV, which I absolutely love (yes, I'm one of the few who ADORED Zooropa). I like it.

I'm just going to share these all week. Here's last night's U2 Letterman performance. I didn't like it as much as Monday's (I'm not as crazy about "Magnificent" as I am about "Breathe"), but still, they're amazing.



On tonight's show they're playing my FAVORITE song from the album, IGCIIDGCT (even typing out the acronym takes a long time!). Watch it. It will be fabulous, I guarantee you. Or tune in here tomorrow for a video.

No comments: