Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"I wish this story were different. I wish it were more civilized. I wish it showed me in a better light, if not happier, then at least more active, less hesitant, less distracted by trivia. I wish it had more shape. I wish it were about love, or about sudden realizations important to one's life, or even about sunsets, birds, rainstorms, or snow." ~margaret atwood

Margaret Atwood is my favorite author. I actually have a whole bookshelf of her books; I collect them. She's written a LOT of books. Recently I lent some to teachers at my school; I'm getting them hooked. Right now people are borrowing Oryx and Crake, The Blind Assassin, and The Penelopiad (three of my favorites). I am slowly spreading the genius that is Margaret Atwood. I go back and reread them from time to time. Right now I'm rereading The Handmaid's Tale, one of my favorites. It's so freakin' good.

Things suck right now. I need a break. Luckily spring break is approaching. I cannot wait. I am really, really drained.

My mom and I don't always get along, but there are times when I'm overwhelmed by how much she cares. Tonight was one of those times. She really, really tries, and it means a lot.

1 comment:

gege said...

courage!