Saturday, November 18, 2006

"Breathe in for luck, breathe in so deep, this air is blessed, you share with me." ~dashboard confessional

I'm in an emo mood now; I have been for awhile, actually. I think it calms me down when I'm stressed, and I've been pretty stressed lately.

I cannot wait to go home for Thanksgiving. I seriously cannot put into words how excited I am. I miss my family, all my relatives that I’ll get to see, my dog, my bed, my couch, my NJ friends, NYC…time passes so slowly while you’re anticipating something.

Thanksgiving is wonderful in my family. Every year we (me and a bunch of my relatives) gather in my aunt and uncle’s apartment in New York City. Try to imagine about 40 people crammed into one NYC apartment. It probably sounds pretty awful to most people, but I absolutely love it. I love spending time with all my cousins and family members. We basically clear out the apartment, and then when it’s time for dinner we fill it with a maze of folding tables and chairs. When I was little I used to love crawling under the tables with some of my cousins while everyone was eating. I have lots of younger cousins, and they still do that.

On Thanksgiving night, I’m going to see the Broadway musical Spring Awakening. It was written by Duncan Sheik, who is a fabulous popular musician (you’re probably familiar with some of his songs; he has a bunch of albums). He’s actually from Montclair, NJ. The coolest part about seeing the show is that I have a seat on-stage. There are a few seats that you can buy (at the box office only) that make you part of the show, and my friend Nic was kind enough to pick one up for me.

I’m trying not to think about the amount of work that I should do over Thanksgiving break. There’s too much fun stuff to think about instead.


This is my 100th post. I think that's pretty cool.

No comments: