Monday, August 18, 2008

"Sometimes I feel sitting on trains, every stop I get to I'm clocking that game. Everyone's a winner now we're making the fame, bona fide hustler making my name." ~m.i.a.

Yes, those lyrics are from "that song from the Pineapple Express trailer." I'm glad it's becoming popular because of that trailer, because it's a really good song. Ironically it's not even in the actual movie. Which is hilarious, by the way. I freakin' love James Franco, and he's just so...cool in this film. He has the most gorgeous smile, and I love his long hair. I'm a big fan of Freaks and Geeks, so it was great to see two Freaks and Geeks alums (Seth Rogen and James Franco) reunite. That show did not get the support it deserved.
Pineapple Express trailer:


I saw Hair at Shakespeare in the Park on Friday. I got in line at 6:15am (they gave out tickets at 1:00pm). The seven hours in line went by surprisingly quickly (I read a good chunk of Empire Falls). I went back to my apartment and tried to sleep a little before the show. Of course I turned on the news at 5pm that day just in time to see them issue a tornado warning and a flash flood warning for Manhattan. It rained all evening and the show was supposed to start at 8:00pm, but they kept us outside until 8:50pm. It finally stopped raining at 8:50 and they let us in and started the show at 9:00pm. It had been canceled the night before, so I was really glad they held out and waited for the rain to stop on the night I saw it. I thought it was a great production. Jonathan Groff's last night in it was Saturday (the day after I saw it), so I had wanted to catch it while he was still in it and was glad that I did because I thought he did a good job. The highlight for me was Allison Case's "Frank Mills;" it was really sweet (I love that song). James Rado has been revising the script ever since it was first produced, and it seems to be a more complex, serious, layered piece. Ben Brantley actually gave it a rave in the NYTimes, which is unusual for him.

I can't believe I have to go back to work so soon. I know I'm spoiled in that I had about two months off (not many jobs give you that luxury), but the time flew by. I'm not ready for summer to end. I'll try to make the most of the week-and-a-half I have left.

No comments: