Tuesday, December 05, 2006

"I wanna roll around like a kid in the snow. I wanna relearn what I already know. Just let me take flight dressed in red, through the night on a great big sled, and I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas, ho ho HO." ~the killers

That's from a new song by The Killers that was released today on iTunes called A Great Big Sled. 100% of the profits go to Product(RED). If you don't know about RED, please check it out; it's a great project dedicated to fighting AIDS in Africa from the brilliant mind of Bono. Because I love The Killers and support Product(RED), of course I bought the song and I recommend y'all do the same.

I love the song. Rolling Stone doesn't, though (it's not the first time I've disagreed with Rolling Stone). They wrote a whole article about how to write a good holiday song by explaining everything that The Killers do wrong. It's funny, though; one of the main reasons they don't like it is the main reason that I do. They say it's too angsty. I love that about it. It's not your traditional sappy, cutesy Christmas carol. It's got some edge.

Come see the Annual Synchro Holiday Show this Thursday or Friday at 7:00pm in the Sports Center Pool. It won't last more than an hour and it'll be fun. You'll get to see us swim our competition routines as well as a holiday-themed routine, a funny routine by some guys (including Will Kelly, Reynolds Chapman, and others) AND a candlelight routine. Everyone always loves the candlelight routine, even though it's the easiest part of the show for us. We turn off all the lights and swim around the pool holding candles. Bring your friends, family, and anyone else you can convince to come. We've been working really hard on it, and will be continuing to work very hard every day this week. Being at the pool 4 hours a day is not easy, especially when I have other things I need to focus on, but hopefully it'll be worth it when we put on a good show. As a senior, it's my last Synchro Holiday Show, which is sad; I think it's my favorite part of the synchro season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm going to try to go to your show tomorrow night! hang in there with the paper - and then at least it will be over?... sigh.

good luck!