Monday, December 18, 2006

"And I'm just trying to get a little sleep. Strung out like some Christmas lights , out there in the Chelsea nights. Strung out like some Christmas lights , out there in the Chelsea nights. Strung out like some Christmas lights, out there in the Chelsea nights. Strung out like some Christmas lights, out there in the Chelsea nights." ~ryan adams

Good song. That part is my favorite, where he repeats that refrain over and over again. I can't wait to be in New York. And it'll be soon! On Friday I'm seeing the Broadway production of Company; I am so incredibly excited about it. It's directed by John Doyle, who also directed the most recent Broadway revival of Sweeney Todd and did a brilliant job with it. Here's Adam Duritz's "review" of Company (he also wrote an amazing review of Sweeney Todd with which I completely agree but I can't find it now). I'm seeing the show with my family (I convinced them to go), and then I'm meeting up with two fabulous friends afterwards.

I'm finished with finals! Actually, I took my last undergraduate final exam ever today. It was American Lit., and overall I think it went okay. I'm mad at myself about one quote ID that I correctly identified and then crossed out that correct answer to write something else. Arg. But I don't care (much) because I get to go home tomorrow.

Tonight Kelly, Michelle, and I went through our fridge and emptied it out. We found a few things that Joy left in there that needed to be dumped a looong time ago, such as 2-month-old chili (that I ended up scooping into the garbage bag with my hand...yuck). Why do I always end up dealing with all the disgusting things in our apartment? When we found raw, rotting, moldy chicken in our ventilation system that had seriously been polluting our air and got to be completely unbearable (courtesy of Jack, Will, Gordon, and Reynolds) I ended up getting it out of our apartment and into the dumpster (faster than humanly possible because it smelled so bad). Actually, I don't mind doing things like that. I think it's funny that my apartmentmates usually come to me for that stuff, though.

2 comments:

Heather said...

that was YOUR appartment?! I went to a little dinner-thing at Jack's and they were talking about the feud, but I didn't realize it was your appartment! oh no! hopefully there won't be any more moldy chx in the future!

enjoy the show!

Claire said...

Oh yes, that was my apartment. But we TOTALLY won that prank war.