Sunday, December 17, 2006

"But you'll fight and you'll make it through, you'll fake it if you have to, and you'll show up for work with a smile. And you'll be better, you'll be smarter, more grown up and a better daughter or son and a real good friend. And you'll be awake, you'll be alert, you'll be positive though it hurts, and you'll laugh and embrace all of your friends. And you'll be a real good listener, you'll be honest, you'll be brave, you'll be handsome and you'll be beautiful, you'll be happy. Your ship may be coming in, you're weak but not giving in to the cries and the wails of the valley below. Your ship may be coming in, you're weak but not giving in and you'll fight it, you'll go out fighting all of them." ~rilo kiley

That's my song of the moment. I can't stop listening to it. It's wonderful. Go listen to it.

Joy left this morning. I feel like I should be leaving too. Unfortunately I have to wait until Tuesday. I've sort of stopped caring about my last final exam. I think this is my last undergraduate final exam ever; I'm student teaching next semester and I don't know what the seminar for that entails, but I'm guessing if there's an evaluation at the end it will be based on some sort of portfolio. I am so over school. Last night I meant to study/reread some stuff, but instead I watched 2 movies. Joy and her friend watched Edward Scissorhands, so of course I joined them, because who can pass up a chance to watch Edward Scissorhands? And then I watched Groundhog Day because Kelly was watching it for a class. I love that movie, too. The line "Watch out for that first step, it's a doosie!" gets me every time I hear it. My apartmentmates thought I was insane when I said it along with Ned the first time in the movie and then proceeded to crack up. I don't know why I find it so funny; I guess I have a strange sense of humor.

I've been going swimming with some of my apartmentmates this past week and teaching them synchro. It's so much fun to just play around in the pool. It's very theraputic. I love being in water; I could live in water.

I guess I was trying to put off studying by blogging, but I really don't have anything to write about. I'll stop rambling now and get back to American Lit.

1 comment:

Heather said...

yay! all done! have a fabulous break!!