Sunday, December 26, 2010

"How you are my hero, how you're never here, though. Remember times when you put me on your shoulders, how I wish it was forever you would hold us." ~glasvegas



We're back to a Chuck song tonight. I thought this Glasvegas song was used in such a beautiful way on the show.

I have a new list today. It's not as detailed as the last one, mostly because I've already posted reviews and trailers of these films.

Claire's Favorite Films of 2010

2010 was a really good year for new movies. I'm glad the Oscars now have 10 nominees for best picture, because there are just so many deserving films this year. These are my favorites.

I can only judge movies that I've seen. There may be some great movies I haven't seen yet that I obviously can't put on my list now (Toy Story 3, Rabbit Hole, Blue Valentine, and Somewhere all come to mind as ones that could potentially be added once I see them).

These are in order of my current preference. I change my mind a lot, so who knows what order I'd place them in tomorrow (or what I'm forgetting).

The link attached to each one will take you to the trailer (control click and select 'open in a new window'):

1. True Grit
2. The Kids Are All Right
3. 127 Hours
4. Black Swan
5. The King's Speech
6. The Social Network
7. The Fighter
8. Inception
9. The Town
10. Never Let Me Go


I know the nominees haven't been announced and it's months away, but right now I'm betting on The Social Network winning the Oscar for Best Picture. Of course that can easily change. Hollywood is fickle. We'll see. You can see it's not my first choice, but I did enjoy it. Seriously, it's a crazy-good year for movies.

No comments: