Friday, September 17, 2010

"Well, I dreamt I saw you walking up a hillside in the snow. Casting shadows on the winter sky, as you stood there counting crows. One for sorrow, two for joy, three for girls and four for boys, five for silver, six for gold, seven for a secret never to be told. There's a bird that nests inside you, sleeping underneath your skin. Yeah, when you open up your wings to speak, I wish you'd let me in." ~counting crows

I survived the first full week of school!

Just look at what I got. I'll be busy for the next few days reading the last two books. It won't take me more than a few days. These are too good to stop reading.

Recently I talked about going back and listening to my bootlegs of the Bruce Springsteen final Giants Stadium concerts. I love going back and listening to recordings of shows that I attended; it's really special knowing that you were there. My favorite live act is Counting Crows. I can't listen to their studio albums anymore; I have to listen to bootlegs. I was at one show where "Goodnight Elisabeth" was over 17 minutes long (I think it was a record for that song). "Round Here," "Rain King," and "A Murder of One" rarely clock in under 10 minutes. They're always epic. Each time you hear CC perform one of their songs live, it's different from any other time they've played it. I can't even tell you what an experience their concerts are. For the past week I've been stuck on their most recent Central Park show. It might just be my favorite concert ever. Actually, it was a Saturday Night Rebel Rockers Traveling Circus and Medicine Show concert. They were made up of Counting Crows, Augustana, and Michael Franti & Spearhead. And the lovely actress Emmy Rossum. So here are some videos I recorded at that show:

"Rain King" (an absolutely brilliant version, which unfortunately got cut off around 10 minutes because I ran out of space. But seriously, you have to watch this, it's just too good for words):

And my favorite CC song, the song that inspired my tattoo, "A Murder of One:"

No comments: