Saturday, September 11, 2010

"Some hurt bad, some really dying. At night sometimes it seemed you could hear the whole damn city crying." ~bruce springsteen

Today's post is totally a collection of random, unimportant tidbits. I've got 9/11 on my mind, but I don't know what to say about it. What is there to say? My heart goes out to those who lost their lives and those who lost loved ones and this beautiful city in which I live.

I'm continuing the Chuck promotion today. Tell all your friends to watch it when it airs on TV. Especially your friends with Nielsen boxes. Monday, September 20th, 8:00pm.

Chuck vs. the Podcast - Comic-Con 2010 (full Chuck panel)



TV is getting exciting. Summer shows are having their finales and fall shows are beginning. I'm really looking forward to the finales of True Blood tomorrow night and Covert Affairs on Tuesday.


Last night I saw Mrs. Warren's Profession on Broadway. It stars Cherry Jones and Sally Hawkins, both of whom I like very much. Cherry Jones is a Tony-winning stage veteran (most recently winning the Tony for Doubt), and she's also known for playing the President on 24. Seeing her onstage is a revelation. If you haven't seen Happy Go Lucky starring Sally Hawkins, go rent it now. She won a Golden Globe for her performance. I love that movie. And she's fabulous in it. The performances of both ladies in this play are wonderful, and the final scene between them makes the show worthwhile, but I was a bit disappointed with the play. Sorry, George Bernard Shaw. Anyway, I suppose the production is a step up for Roundabout, who has churned out a bunch of disasters recently.


I'm excited about the U.S. Open. I like both players in tonight's women's final, so I'll be happy no matter what.

I'm really loving The Hunger Games. I'll finish the first book today, so I think I need to go out and buy the next two.

Aaaannnndddd that's all I've got for now. My brain isn't really working.

No comments: