Thursday, January 14, 2010

"It looks like darkness to me, drifting down into Miami." ~counting crows

I have stable internet now! The technician came yesterday and spent over an hour here, much of that time on a ladder outside the building fiddling with the cable box as I stood below him, watched helplessly, hoped he didn't fall, and froze. It was a big ordeal, but now I'm happy.

What to talk about? Hm, how about some excitement? I'm going to Miami in February! My friend Lauren and I decided that we were sick of the cold, so we looked at places in Florida and found a good deal during our week-long break from school. I have not gotten Counting Crows' "Miami" out of my head since we booked the trip (well, every once in a while Will Smith's song pops in). Lauren said we'll be just like Rory and Paris on spring break (we're both obsessed with Gilmore Girls). I love that episode. And I'm sure we will be like Paris and Rory. We plan on sitting on the beach and reading all day (we both love reading). But instead of watching The Power of Myth at night, we'll probably watch our Gilmore Girls or Chuck DVDs. I got her hooked on Chuck. The prospect of this vacation is helping me survive winter in New York.

And now it's time for a videospam. If you watch any, watch the very last one.
First of all, I don't think I've really written about Parenthood here much. But I'm really excited for it. Check out this promo:


And here's some music. A long time ago I uploaded "A Long December" from Counting Crows' Abbey Road Sessions, and someone requested the other songs they played on the show. So I uploaded those as well and will share them here. But "A Long December" is the best. Somehow AD's illness enhances that song, but I don't think it does much for the others. But watch the dialogue one, because that's interesting. I love their perspectives on bootlegs.

Covering The Beatles: "Abbey Road" medley (with some good dialogue)


Sundays:


Washington Square
:


Dialogue between songs
:


And A Long December again, just because it's really good:


Finally, not from Abbey Road, but just because it's in my head and it's wonderful. An acoustic version of Miami. Trust me, watch this one; it's gorgeous. I've been at many concerts where they played this version, and I love how totally different it sounds from the album version.

No comments: