Saturday, June 20, 2009

"Oh, the city rain, it floods the city streets. And in my city bed, out of my fuckin' head. Is it snowing in space? God I wish I could talk to you. Is it snowing in space?" ~ryan adams

This morning my friends Christin, Caroline, and I went to this Circle Line Carnival Celebration to celebrate their two new boats. Of course it was raining. Of course. It feels like it hasn't stopped raining in NYC for weeks. We went anyway. We rode on the Merry-Go-Round and ate yummy food (burgers, hot dogs, cotton candy, popcorn), and we also went on the first ride of one of the new boats (Circle Line Queens). It was a lot of fun, despite the rain. Check out some pictures (and note how the Statue of Liberty seems to be protruding from Christin's head in every single one).



I've been having fun lately. I saw Twelfth Night again. Did I already post about that? I forget. Anyway, it's such a fun play. I also saw August: Osage County last night for a last time before it closes next week. Nic and I wanted to see Phylicia Rashad in it. She was wonderful. I actually think Amy Morton deserved the Tony that year for her performance, and I was glad she returned to the role so I could see her again in it (even though I'm sure she's disappointed that it's closing right after she came back).

Tonight I'm going to this celebration of John Lennon's music at the National Dance Institute. I'm mostly going because Cloris Leachman will be there, and that intrigues me. I'm ready to see her bust a move. And I got free tickets.

One more week of school. I can make it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lol the statue !