Sunday, November 30, 2008

"My sign is vital, my hands are cold, and I'm on knees, looking for the answer: are we human, or are we dancer?" ~the killers

I absolutely loved The Killers' first three albums. Yes, I loved Sam's Town, even though it mostly got panned by the critics. I really think that was largely because Brandon Flowers' ego got the best of him and he claimed it was "one of the best albums in the past twenty years" and "the album that keeps rock 'n' roll afloat" before it was released. That pissed off some people. Anyway, their newest album, Day & Age, was released last week, and it seems to have garnered a much warmer reception than their sophomore effort. I'm glad. They really are a talented band. I saw them live a few years ago (touring Hot Fuss) and would love to see them again in concert to see how they've matured. Here's a photo I took of Mr. Flowers singing Mr. Brightside ("and my stomach is sick..."):

Thanksgiving was wonderful. I didn't want this weekend to end. There were only 31 of us at Thanksgiving dinner, fewer people than usual. I missed my grandparents.
Here we all are:
We only did one take, so I think it was pretty impressive that it actually worked (even though some people are hidden).
My aunt, uncle, and cousins from Maine (Katie, Hannah, and Sarah) stayed with us for a few days. It was good to spend time with them, especially because we don't get to see them very often. Sarah, the youngest, is in sixth grade; I wish my students were more like her. She's a sweetheart and she loves reading. Of course I do like my students, but they're not the easiest crowd to teach. I don't want to go back to school tomorrow.

No comments: