Wednesday, May 31, 2006

"Could you tell me the things you remember about me? And have you seen me lately? I guess I thought that someone would notice, I guess I thought somebody would say something, if I was missing. Can't you see me? Come on color me in, come on color me in..." ~counting crows

Nicole and I have tickets to see Counting Crows in August. Have I written this yet here? Anyway, I'm soooo excited. I've seen them live once before and they're absolutely fantastic; their studio albums cannot hold a candle to their live performances. I love how many different ways they can perform one song. I have 23 live versions of "Goodnight Elisabeth" on my iPod and I often listen to them all in a row. They're so very different from each other. The band's use of alternates is what makes them so special. Somehow they can throw one song into the middle of another one and create a totally amazing hybrid that completely works. They're playing this tour with The Goo Goo Dolls, whom I don't mind seeing, although I could name at least 20 bands I'd prefer. They're not bad, though.

Last Friday Kim, Betsy, Sam, and I hung out for what will probably be the last time in awhile; Sam moved to Maryland over the weekend. She graduated from college, has a real job and an apartment, and seems like such an adult. It's strange (but great for her). Anyway, we went to Americana and drank martinis and felt like the 4 Sex & the City gals. It was fun. Luckily Kim and Betsy are still around this summer. We went swimming in Betsy's pool on Monday and it felt wonderful. I hadn't been swimming in awhile and I missed it. The water was freezing (the heater wasn't on), but it felt refreshing. It's been incredibly hot here the past few days. We went shopping, too, and I spent too much money. I really need to cut back on spending because I'm not making any money at all. It's so hard, though, especially when I'm in the city.

My internship is going well. I mainly work with 4 people (2 guys and 2 girls). The guys are filming in LA this week so it's just us girls left in the office. It's much quieter, which is good and bad. It's nice not having to worry about being hit in the head with a football. The other day we went to a meeting in the main building and we picked up beer and popcorn to bring to the meeting. Only here would employees drink beer and eat popcorn at a business meeting.

This site is pretty cool:
http://wordsmith.org/anagram/index.html
You can enter in text and it will spit out anagrams. My favorite anagram for "Claire" is "a relic." I'd like to think of myself as a relic. ;-)

No comments: