Wednesday, February 01, 2006

"Step out the front door like a ghost into the fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white" ~counting crows

That is quite possibly the best opening line of any album.

Nicole and I got tickets to go see The Strokes over my Spring break, and I'm really excited. I have and love all of their albums and I have a feeling they'll be really good live.

I've been having a motivational problem lately. Being that I don't have any. When it comes to school. I've been exploring possibilites for what to do this summer, and that's exciting to me. I'm ready for this semester to end and to do something new. I'm applying for a bunch of internships and I'm looking at jobs and it makes me bummed about being in school.

Today I talked to Dr. MacAllister, my advisor, for about 40 minutes. And I did most of the talking. I'm not used to talking for that long, but it felt really good. I told her all about being abroad and I talked about my future and basically I just talked for a really long time and she listened. I think I need to talk more, because I'm very inartiuculate and the only way to correct that is to practice. It takes me awhile to say exactly what I mean. Anyway, when I left, she said, "Claire, you are a breath of fresh air. I wish I had 100 students like you." It made me really happy. It's funny how one little comment can make your day.

No comments: