Wednesday, November 02, 2005

“Slip inside the eye of your mind, don’t you know you might find a better place to play? You said that you’d never been, but all the things that you’ve seen will slowly fade away.” ~oasis

I can’t wrap my brain around the fact that I’m leaving so soon. In less than a week I’ll be finished with finals, and in less than two weeks I leave Dunedin. I’m trying to really appreciate the time that I have left here, because I know I’ll miss it when I get home. I know this is really strange, but I was thinking about being at home and missing certain things here. I’m already anticipating what I know I’ll feel once I leave. I was sunbathing on the deck today and I felt this overwhelming sense of melancholy simply knowing that in a few weeks I’ll be back in winter. So I’m trying to soak in everything before I go. I can’t adequately explain what my mind is going through, but it’s strange knowing that I’ve spent so much time here and I’ll be completely removed from it so soon.

Tomorrow’s Perrine’s last day here, and then for the next week it’ll just be me and the boys. I’ll miss her.

I’ve been listening to (What’s the story) Morning Glory? lately. I think it’s because I’m in a nostalgic mood (the fact that it’s nostalgia for a place I haven’t left yet is irrelevant), and this album throws me back into the mid ‘90s. I go through musical phases (of different lengths) where I’ll listen to one band, one album, or even sometimes one song nonstop. So you may be getting Oasis quotes as openers for the next few entries, depending on how long this phase lasts. Maybe even from the same song. I can't stop listening to it, it's addicting.

No comments: