Thursday, November 10, 2005

"Can't sing but I've got soul..." ~u2

I thought this last week would be nice and relaxing, but I've actually been running around a lot. I've had to do all these little errands like closing my bank account and my library account, dropping off clothes at the salvation army, mailing a box of stuff home, dropping off keys...don't even get me started on packing. It is physically impossible to fit five months of your life into one suitcase and a backpack. Impossible.

Despite all my running around, the past few weeks have been really, really great. I've been incredibly happy. The weather is beautiful and I spend a lot of time walking around outside. This morning Nicole and I had brunch at this really great restaurant. I got chocolate pancakes wrapped in fruit salad and cream, and I think it was the best meal I've had since I've been here.

I got my ear pierced (the cartiledge), and it really hurts. More than my other 4 holes did. I'm afraid it'll hurt for awhile.

I can't believe I'm leaving tomorrow. I've spent five months of my life here, and it's so strange to think that I may never come back. I'm really, really going to miss it.

There are things I'm looking forward to at home, the main thing being U2. I got a GA ticket for 11/22!!! I know most of you have no idea how amazing that is, but they've been going for thousands of dollars on eBay and I scored one for $75. On what will hopefully be the best night of the tour, the last show at Madison Square Garden. I'm also going the night before. So seeing U2 twice in two days will be pretty exciting, especially from the floor on the second night. I can't wait.

No comments: