Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Here's my favorite part of last night's Emmys (I love Amy and Seth, and I love True Detective and Matthew and Woody):


Not a great night overall, but of course that wasn't surprising. Tatiana Maslany wasn't even nominated and she should win every award ever for Orphan Black (yes, every award, I mean that), so I didn't have high expectations going into the night. Amy Poehler (Amy Pueblo?) has been nominated for 11 Emmys and has never won. There's something wrong with that. I love Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Veep is one of my favorite shows, but she's won enough.  And Allison Tolman was robbed. Allison Tolman, you were my favorite thing about Fargo (and I loved a lot about Fargo) and you're fantastic and you should have won an Emmy. At least the drama categories were more on point. Bryan Cranston, Anna Gunn, and Aaron Paul all won acting awards for Breaking Bad and the series won best drama series, so there's that. Nic and I had good food to eat and blue drinks to honor Breaking Bad, and we got to yell at the TV a lot. We'll see what happens next year.

No comments: