Sunday, December 11, 2011

"Everybody got nowhere to go, everybody wants to be amazing. Rylan you should try to get some sun, you remind me of everyone." ~the national


"Rylan" is a new song that they debuted on Q (a Canadian radio show) last week. I love how Matt spells out 'Rylan' at the beginning of the song. I'm sure he's trying to avoid confusion, because the first time they played "Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks," everyone was certain he was singing "geese" instead of "geeks." I liked "geese" better; it was like the geese of Beverly Road had returned! He has a tendency to mumble.

This will be a busy week for me. Here's my concert schedule:

Monday - The National at the Beacon Theatre (w/ The War on Drugs)
Tuesday - The National at the Beacon Theatre
Wednesday - My Morning Jacket and Band of Horses at Madison Square Garden
Thursday - The National at the Beacon Theatre (w/ Wye Oak)
Saturday - The National at the Beacon Theatre (w/ This Is the Kit)

Yes, I am seeing The National FOUR times this week, and I'm still looking for tickets to see them on Friday (they're playing six shows at the Beacon). I made the mistake of looking at recent setlists. They've played some rare songs that I really want to hear (Santa Clara!!!), and I can't bear the thought of missing a rarity that I love. I know, I've already seen them over a dozen times, and I'm aware that I'm obsessed. Luckily my brother got me a ticketmaster gift card for my birthday, so that paid for a good chunk of the ticket costs. And I'm not paying to see My Morning Jacket and Band of Horses; my amazing friend Bill is taking me (he won tickets). Anyway, I will be exhausted by next weekend. It'll be worth it, though. Expect a massive review/sharing post after I've recovered (I'll be recording audio and video at all the shows).

No comments: