Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"Someone send a runner through the weather that I'm under for the feeling that I lost today. Someone send a runner for the feeling that I lost today. Someone send a runner through the weather that I'm under for the feeling that I lost today. Someone send a runner for the feeling that I lost today." ~the national

I drafted this right after I wrote the last post, but I was saving it so you could really savor the last one. :D And I still have more to say this week! I'm rolling it out slowly.

It's amazing how drastically everything turns around on Friday afternoon when I leave school. Lauren and I discussed that; it feels like we're walking on air when we leave the building. Last Friday after school, Lauren and I went to Five Napkin Burger for dinner. We believe that any restaurant with the word 'burger' in it's name is perfect. We sat outside and drank and ate delicious burgers and commiserated with each other and it was lovely. The night got even better, though. Nicole joined us for a concert by The Rock Bottom Remainders. They're a band composed of authors. Imagine Amy Tan, Mitch Albom, Dave Barry, Greg Isles, and more rocking out onstage. It's absolutely hilarious. Here are some videos that I took:

Amy Tan, best known for her novel The Joy Luck Club, doubles as a dominatrix. Yeah. She's awesome. Check these out:
These Boots Were Made for Walking (make sure you watch the whole thing):

One Way or Another:

Leader of the Pack:


Mitch Albom, best known for Tuesdays with Morrie and The Five People You Meet in Heaven, does a mean Elvis. And does quite a striptease. Seriously:



Dave Barry wrote an awesome song. It's about being in love with a proofreading woman. I wish some guy wanted to be with me because of my grammar:


They played a Bob Dylan song that I love, "You Ain't Goin' Nowhere:"


I wish I could have recorded the whole thing, because it was so much fun. We laughed the whole time. It was just what I needed.

No comments: