Thursday, September 04, 2008

"At least you're not alone, your friends are there too. They're singing, "Happy Birthday"..." ~jonathan larson (tick tick boom)

Today wasn't a bad birthday at all, although it was uneventful. I did have my one requisite crying spurt (I always seem to go through one of those on my birthday; this year it was because of a little thing that probably shouldn't have affected me so much). I had school and then had to go to a 3-hour class, and I have to teach tomorrow, so I didn't really get to celebrate. I'm going out to dinner with my parents, aunt, uncle, and cousin tomorrow night and I'm looking forward to that. I really appreciated all the birthday wishes people sent me; it's such a fabulous feeling to know that people care about me. My friend Karen gave me two big birthday hugs today. Because one just wasn't enough. That made me really happy. I like receiving hugs, even though I'm not very good at giving them.
My kids were very nice to me at school today, and they enthusiastically wished me a happy birthday. One table made me a beautiful birthday card that said the following:

"Dear Ms. B.,
Roses are red, violets are blue, happy birthday to a specil person like u. Happy bday. Your 1 year older and your still look 14 or 15! But Laura thinks you look 28. Well we hope you enjoy your bday. We (heart) you."

How sweet is that?? (Well, besides the part about me looking 28.) And only on the third day of school. I love my kids. Cards like that are the reason I'm a teacher.

No comments: