Friday, June 13, 2008

"Well, I'm what I am and not what I'm not, and I'm sure happy with what I've got. I live to love and laugh a lot, and that's all I need." ~kenny chesney

Last night I had a nice time forgetting about school. I went to a taping of a Kenny Chesney performance that will air on TV on the Fourth of July. Yeah, that's right, Kenny Chesney. I like him and am not at all ashamed of it. I always watch those Fourth of July performances on TV and wonder how those lucky people got to attend, and this year I'm one of them. I also always thought the performances were live, but apparently I was wrong about that; they just pretend they're live. The director asked us (the crowd) what day it was and I almost answered him, "Thursday." Luckily I realized he was looking for "the Fourth of July" before I spoke. They gave us all mini flags to wave. The taping was under the Brooklyn Bridge; we had the most beautiful view of the Manhattan skyline. I was in the second row, and I'm pretty sure I'll be on TV when it airs so look for me. He played the song "Never Wanted Nothing More" about five times to make sure they got enough airable footage.
A picture of the soundcheck, before they let us into the venue:

Kenny signing autographs. I had nothing for him to sign, but I settled for having his arm pressed against mine for about a minute while he signed some stuff for some kids next to me. Unfortunately it was too difficult to get a picture of him while he was pressed up against me, so I had to settle for this farther-away shot:

Tomorrow is The National, Modest Mouse, and R.E.M. at Jones Beach. From great, expensive seats (which we paid about 1/4 of full-price for). Can't. Wait. I'm sure pictures and videos will be forthcoming.

No comments: