Thursday, February 21, 2008

"She says, 'I'm okay. It's alright. We should have ham and cheese tonight.'" ~counting crows

MWAHAHAHAHA. They totally should have stuck with that.

So we're off from school this week. Which is very fortunate, because if school had been in session I would have been absent the entire week, and my class would have gone crazy (even more crazy than they are with me there).

I've been sick since last Friday. Like, sicker than I can ever remember being. On Saturday I went home to NJ and basically stayed on the couch from Saturday through Wednesday. I got up from the couch to go to bed and to go to the bathroom to vomit. That's about it. I'm still not sure what exactly was wrong with me (the flu?), but whatever it was, it was bad. My throat burned, it hurt to swallow, I had a constant, deep, horking, cough, an upset stomach, a runny nose, a high fever, a congested chest and head, and a completely achy body. I couldn't do anything but lie down and watch TV. One of the worst parts was that I had trouble sleeping because it was really difficult for me to breathe. I felt like I couldn't get any air. That made it really hard for me to sleep. I still don't feel well, but today I managed to actually put on some clothes and head back to the city for my class tonight (which I survived). I have a terrible headache, my cough is still pretty bad, my throat still hurts, and my nose is still running, but I'm better than I was before. On Saturday I'm taking a couple of New York state teaching tests. I think they're four hours each (for a total of eight hours), which is a lot of testing, so I hope I feel better in time for that. And in time for school on Monday. I really need to get a good night's sleep tonight.

No comments: