Monday, February 19, 2007

"I'm a liar; it's my secret, no one knows. I'm a liar, yeah, I know it doesn't show." ~8mm

Mood: lethargic Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I'm so good at procrastinating. I've blogged so many times in the past few days; I've definitely set a personal record. I just don't want to plan lessons.

Studio 60 was soooo good tonight. I'm afraid it may have been the last episode ever to air, which makes me really, really sad. I want to see Jordan and Danny as parents. Supposedly it's just being "shelved until a later date," but whenever that's the case with a TV show, the later date never comes. This is such a smart show, too. In honor of it probably being the last episode, here's part of my favorite scene from tonight (this isn't exactly one of the show's smartest, most intellectual moments, but it was funny to watch, especially because Amanda Peet and Bradley Whitford are such good actors). I even took a screen capture for you:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I love the look on Jordan's face. And the way that Danny is trying to get away as fast as possible.
[This is after the prop guys have turned Jordan's $600 Baby Care doll (that cries and needs to be fed, burped, rocked, etc.) into a pimped-out jack-in-the-box with eyes that pop out and a head on a spring, after its head got chopped off.]
Jordan: (screams) What was that?!
Danny: That never happened while I was taking care of it.
J: What did you do do it???
D: I'll tell you what I did to it, okay? The baby was in an accident, as babies sometimes are, and I rushed it immediately to a doctor of some sort.
J: What kind of accident?
D: A freak accident.
J: What kind of freak accident?
D: (pause) It was decapitated in an 18th century French guillotine.
J: Uh-huh. And what kind of doctor?
D: Our property master and our director of special effects.
J: Danny!

I had one of those dolls in high school for a couple of days; it was for my Child Growth & Development class. I had to wake up 4 times in one night to take care of it, and I had to step out of class a few times because it started crying. It was not easy. I don't blame Danny for allowing Jordan's to be decapitated.

1 comment:

Heather said...

that's hilarious.

hope you're having a good week!