Wednesday, June 14, 2006

"Is everybody happy now? Is everybody clear? We could drive out to the dunes tonight, 'cause summer's almost here..." ~counting crows

Last weekend I went to Long Beach Island with 3 friends, and I had a great time. Funny story, though (actually painful for me): my eyelids got really badly sunburned. They're swollen and bright red and I can hardly blink my eyes. I laid out on the beach with my eyes closed and I didn't think to put sunblock on my eyelids (who thinks of that?!?). So now they're burned. They're slowly getting better, though, which is good. On Sunday night I either looked like a clown, one of those fashion models with strange, exotic makeup, or someone who got punched in each eye. It was actually pretty funny. Other than getting burned, I had fun. We went out to 2 bars on Saturday night, and the second one had a good live band. We did lots of shopping and spent Sunday at the beach. I was the only person in the ocean the whole time we were at the beach; the water was absolutely freezing, but once I stayed in for awhile I (almost) got used to it. I stayed in for almost an hour and then thawed out on the beach. I can't go to the beach and not go swimming; the ocean is the essence of the beach. Going to the beach without swimming in the ocean is like going to Disney World and not going on the rides.

Work should be fun in the next couple of weeks; there are multiple shoots going on that I have a chance to attend.

My brother's graduation is next week, so we're having a party this Sunday and I'm looking forward to seeing lots of my relatives. One set of grandparents arrives on Friday, which I'm excited about.

I guess that's all for now!

No comments: