Thursday, September 29, 2005

“We all go a little mad sometimes.” ~psycho

Rich got back from the duathalon World Championships a couple days ago; he got 31st in the world, which is really, really good. He trains so much that he deserved to do well. He was gone for about a week, and I missed him.

Last night Rich’s running team had a Quiz Show fundraiser. He somehow convinced me to be on a team with him and his buddy. Most of the questions had to do with New Zealand so I wasn’t much help, but it was still fun. It was at a bar, and the three of us finished three pitchers of beer during the competition, so that loosened me up. And we didn’t finish last, which we were proud of. It wasn’t fun getting up at 7:30am the next morning for class, but I was glad I went.

Tonight Rich, Matt, Perrine and I had dessert at this restaurant called Tull (named after Jethro) that specializes in dessert. It was really good. Matt and Rich each got a Chocolate Massacre, which is a plate of three of their desserts. They got certificates for finishing it; it was huge. I would have tried it if I liked coffee (one of the desserts had coffee flavoring) and if it were a little cheaper ($15 is a lot to blow on one dessert). It was a good restaurant, though. And now I'm stuffed.

No comments: