Sunday, September 25, 2005

“I think people should mate for life, like pigeons or Catholics.” ~manhattan

heehee. Woody Allen is funny. I love the implication that Catholics aren’t people.
In my New Zealand Society & Religion class, I’m learning all about the history of religious tension in NZ (there’s lots of it). It’s such an interesting class. It’s a little difficult for me, though, because I don’t know anything about NZ history, and it’s sort of assumed that you already know all that. But I got an A+ on my presentation, so I’m coping pretty well I guess! We’ll see if I still feel that way after I get my essay back (that’s worth 40% of my grade. Gulp.)

So I’m very popular now. Last night three different people/groups of people wanted to hang out with me. Aren’t I cool? (don’t answer that). But I’m still boring at heart, so I went for the low-key option of going out for coffee (or hot chocolate for me because I don’t drink coffee) and seeing a movie with my friend Nicole. Anyway, this coffee place that we went to is amazing. They serve the drinks (coffee, hot chocolate, etc.) in soup bowls. My hot chocolate was like chocolate soup; I ate it with a spoon. And it was soooo good.
This morning I had brunch with the girls next door. They cooked eggs, french toast, and Swedish pancakes (one of the girls is Swedish). It was incredibly tasty. And we watched The Italian Job as we ate.
I have an essay to write this weekend and a book to read and I’ve done nothing. Tonight I’m hanging out with Nicole again. I figure that I need to have some fun while I’m here. My grades won’t transfer back, so I just need to pass all my classes and I’ll get credit for them. I’m not exactly slacking, but I’m less stressed and more willing to have fun than at Richmond. And I like it.

No comments: