Wednesday, September 21, 2005

“Sometimes there’s so much beauty in the world I feel like I can’t take it, like my heart’s going to cave in.” ~american beauty

I found this file saved on my computer; it’s the 400 best movie quotes of all time. 400 is a lot. I was reading through it as a form of procrastination yesterday. Anyway, I’ll use some of my favorites as my opening quotes for the next few entries.

Today was my last day of history tutorials. It’ll be nice to have that extra hour every week. Did I ever mention that my tutor, Jennie, looks exactly like Eden Espinosa? She does. I think that’s cool. And she gave me an A+ on my presentation, which is also very cool. I was so nervous about that.

I only have 3 weeks left of classes; that’s really amazing to me. I still have 2 months here, though. Finals are spread out over a month, which is both good and bad.

I’m still adjusting to the fact that we call our lecturers and tutors by their first names. Calling my teachers John, Tom, Jane, and Rob is still strange to me. In fact, I can’t bring myself to do it.

I just found out that my education advisor back at Richmond, who is also my favorite professor from that department, isn’t there anymore. It surprised me. Wouldn’t she have known that at the end of last semester, and shouldn’t she have told me then? I was planning on emailing her and telling her what’s been going on over here because she told me to keep her updated, and now I get an email from the education department saying that she’s gone and that I’ve been assigned a new advisor. I’m bummed about it; I used to love talking to her. I guess it’s a good thing I didn’t try to email her yet.

Matt’s hogging the internet and it’s pissing me off. I want to go to bed but I can’t because I need to email myself an essay so that I can print it tomorrow from a computer lab (I don’t have a printer here). So I have to wait for him to get offline. I hate sharing dial-up internet access with four other people. Anyway, that’s why I’m rambling here. I’m typing this entry in Word and waiting for the internet. I’m trying to keep myself occupied. And I’m getting grumpy. I think I’ll go bug him again and tell him to hurry up.

Well, I hope you’ve enjoyed the smorgasbord that is today’s entry. Start preparing yourself for tomorrow’s great movie quote.

No comments: