Monday, September 26, 2005

“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!” ~the princess bride

I LOVE that movie.
Have I mentioned I’ve been really happy lately? Everything’s been going well. Of course that always makes me nervous, because I keep expecting something bad to happen. But, for now, I’m extremely content.
Of course there are little moments of unhappiness, though. I’ve become addicted to New Zealand Idol, and the girl I wanted to win got voted off last night. All the judges agreed that she was by far the best singer out of the group and that she should have won the entire thing, but the stupid teeny-boppers who are voting seem to prefer the few hot guys that are left, despite the fact that they can’t sing. I’m very bitter about this. Yes, the guys are hot, but this girl has one of the most amazing voices I’ve ever heard. Hopefully she’ll get a record deal anyway. I was seriously almost in tears; that’s how mad I was. I definitely would have cried if my flatmates weren’t there. So I don’t think I’ll watch the show anymore. It will just anger me even further, and I don’t need that. I’d like to maintain my general state of happiness.
The one other factor that detracts slightly from my good mood is schoolwork. I have an essay due on Thursday for Victorian Literature. I talked to my lecturer about it and he convinced me to go in a slightly different direction than I was planning. It made sense to me while we were talking, but now I’m thinking that he really didn’t understand my idea and I might have been better off not taking his advice. But I can’t change it now because I’ve gone too far with this and I’d have to basically scrap the whole thing and start over, and I don’t want to do that. So I’ve got to figure out a way to make this theory hold up. Which is proving to be very tricky.

No comments: