Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"Somewhere in the Empire City, someone takes a curtain call. I'm so broke at the end of the evening that you'll find me hopeless in the back of the hall." ~bishop allen

Oh, what a great governor we have. The "steamroller" who was supposed to clean up New York gets busted for his involvement in a prostitution ring. The irony is just ridiculous. I never liked the hypocrite. But I feel awful for his family. I can't believe he hasn't resigned yet, but it seems like he will very soon (or else he'll face impeachment). The sooner he's out of office, the better.

I have tickets to The Daily Show tomorrow. I was considering not going, but I feel like I need a break from work so I probably will. I went a couple of months ago and it was fun. The worst part is waiting to get in, but I'll bring work to do in line (although I probably won't get any of it done because I'll be talking to my mom, aunt, and uncle who are coming). I wish I could have gone Monday or today instead to watch Jon Stewart roast Spitzer (he might tomorrow as well, though). At any rate, it will be nice to see some of my family.

My mom's at August: Osage County right now; she just called me during the first intermission (there are two). The tickets were her birthday gift from me. She's enjoying the show, so I'm happy about that. I absolutely loved it and I figured she would as well (I can't imagine who wouldn't, although my dad opted out and told her to take a friend because he was sure he wouldn't like it).

My kids took the state math test yesterday and today, so they're even more crazy than usual (testing is pretty stressful for them). Hopefully they'll settle down soon. Although I've heard the rest of the year will be very tough, because now that their two major tests (ELA and math) are over, they feel like they don't have to learn anymore.

I'm going to a Counting Crows concert on Sunday; I'm excited. This will be CC concert #5 for me.

No comments: