Monday, March 24, 2008

"So if you think you need to go, if you wanted to be free, there's just one thing you need to know, and that's that you can't count on me. No, you can't count on me." ~counting crows

Letterman Taping Report:
Today I went to the best talk show live taping I've ever been to. I've been trying to get tickets to Letterman for ages and it's impossible; this has been the one show I've been dying to add to my list of tapings. Counting Crows played this particular show, and the band always gets a few tickets for their guests. The CCMB hosted a contest to give away two pairs of tickets. I lost, but one of the winners made his own contest to give away his one extra ticket. It was a limerick contest and I won! This guy was incredibly nice to give away his ticket like that. So I met him, the girl who won the other pair of tickets, and her guest at the Ed Sullivan Theatre this afternoon. I already knew the two people who won, because it is a small community of hardcore CC fans. It was cool to hang out with them. We were VIPs (we even had cool tickets saying "Guest of Talent" so we felt very special). We were in the front of the VIP line and were given the best seats in the theatre. The show was so much fun. Dave's monologue was hilarious. Demi Moore was the first guest, and she was good. She rambled on about leeches for awhile. Counting Crows were awesome. Of course they did "You Can't Count On Me." It was a great performance; they were definitely "on" and Adam was jumping around a lot. Immy saw us in the audience and gave us a grin and a nod as he was playing, which was exciting. We were getting really into it, but it was hard to restrain ourselves from standing up and singing along! We had to be satisfied with moving around in our seats and mouthing the words. Of course we knew all the words even though the album hasn't come out yet; I think that's how Immy spotted us, because I'm sure no one else in the audience was participating like we were. Adam dressed up slightly and traded his usual t-shirt in for a zip-up sweater. The bad part of the day was that I got a picture with Adam but my battery died as the picture was being taken so it didn't come out. I'm really bummed. But overall it was a very cool experience.
So here's my updated list of tapings I've been to:

The Late Show with David Letterman
The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
Late Night with Conan O'Brien
The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (twice)
The Colbert Report with Stephen Colbert
Saturday Night Live

No comments: