Thursday, March 13, 2008

"Karen, take me to the nearest famous city middle where they hang the lights. Where it's random, and it's common versus common." ~the national

Tatum and I are the queens of funny/awkward messages. She's my dear friend from MTV (we were interns together), and I haven't heard from her in a couple of months. Then today I got a voicemail from her asking if she can give my name and contact info to her private investigator. Oh, Tatum, how I miss you. Who else would call me with a request like that?

My principal is taking over my class tomorrow because they've been behaving so badly. I wonder if it will have any long-term effect on them, though. They only have gym once a week and yesterday I took away their gym period and taught them ELA instead. Oh, how they hated me. And yet they weren't much better today. I don't know how to get through to them.

I love my CCNY class so much. Before the semester started I was worried that I wouldn't be able to handle it. It meets on Thursday nights for almost 3 hours, and on Thursday I teach at the after-school program so I don't get home until after 6 and hardly have any time to eat dinner before I go to class. I get home at 10 and have to prepare for teaching on Friday, which is my worst day schedule-wise (and when I get home I always want to watch the Lost episode that I taped!). But my CCNY class is my lifeboat. It helps me unwind. I love it. We do lots of acting games and have interesting discussions and I am in awe of my brilliant classmates. I'm the youngest person and am the only inexperienced actor, so I often feel like an idiot when I'm surrounded by these amazing actors and I have no idea what I'm doing. But everyone is so nice that participating isn't so bad. And my professor is absolutely amazing. She knows everyone in the theater world, she's young but she has lots of experience, and she's just so incredibly nice and cool. Tonight's class was fabulous as always; we had a great workshop. So I'm happy.

No comments: