Friday, March 28, 2008

"I'm okay. It's alright. Hey, look who's on TV tonight." ~counting crows

I felt like I had a lot to write about, but I can't think of anything really important right now. Fridays just drain me. Nicole asked me to go see The Princess Bride at the Loews Jersey with her tonight, but I'm way too exhausted. I think I'll put on a movie and relax. I also decided to take some random pictures.
Here is my bag that I brought home from school today, filled with some of my kids' journals. This is my weekend project: grading. The marking period ends on Monday, and I have an unbearably large amount of work to go through.
Photobucket
This is the stack of magazines that my grandmother just sent me (she sends them to me all the time) that I will probably never read. The box was so heavy I could hardly pick it up.
Photobucket
These are the two most recent albums I've bought and that I highly recommend you buy as well.
Photobucket
The first is Counting Crows' Saturday Nights & Sunday Mornings. It is one of the best new albums I've heard in a long time. In case you haven't picked up on it yet (from my tattoo, all the recent concerts and front row spots, Letterman, etc.), I am obsessed with Counting Crows. They are my favorite band in the world.
The second album is the debut from She & Him (Zooey Deschanel & M Ward). I was a huge fan of each of them before they teamed up, and this pairing is just beautiful. Deschanel's voice is gorgeous. She is the most talented actor-turned-singer I can think of right now.

I got a ticket to the opening of Boeing-Boeing on Broadway, and I cannot wait. The prospect of Bradley Whitford (!!!), Kathryn Hahn, Christine Baranski, Mary McCormack, and Mark Rylance all on the same stage is so incredibly exciting that I'm already counting down the days (and it's not until May 4th). The week before, I get to see Laura Linney onstage.

In case you missed me on Letterman on Monday, see if you can spot me in this screenshot.
Photobucket

No comments: