Sunday, March 30, 2008

"I'm so angry, anger makes me a modern girl. I took my money, I couldn't buy nothin', I'm sick of this brave new world." ~sleater-kinney

In this job I have to find things that make me laugh or else I'll go crazy. Actually, I often laugh at things I shouldn't. Sometimes if I weren't laughing I would have to cry instead, and that's not nearly as fun. So here's what made me laugh today. I have this student, D. You can't even imagine what I have to put up with because of him. He says the rudest, most vile things to me, things so inappropriate that I refuse to repeat. He fights with other kids. If he weren't so awful I would feel sorry for him due to certain reasons I won't go into, but he makes it impossible to feel any sympathy towards him. Today he was sitting on the bookshelf next to the window, with the bottom half of the window open. I have to tell him at least once a day that he's not allowed to sit on the bookshelf, and I also have to tell him at least once a day not to open the bottom window (we only open the top window because when the bottom window is open people throw things out of it). He was also playing with this mini-skateboard toy that all the boys have now (and are so incredibly annoying). And he was not doing his work. So there's four things he was doing wrong all at once, and all this was after I told him multiple times what he should have been doing.
As he was playing with his skateboard, he pushed it too hard by mistake and it flew out the window. I just tilted my head back and laughed, and I didn't try to stop myself. He was not happy. I told him it was karma. He planned on going outside and getting the skateboard after school, but I went out during lunch and took it. When he looked for it out the window after lunch and didn't see it, I pretended I had no idea what happened to it. He's never getting it back. The incident probably shouldn't have made me laugh as hard as it did, but his skateboard flying out the window was a perfect punishment for everything he was doing wrong, and I didn't even have to do anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this post. It's strange. An episode from your life, and so interesting. It's not like when most people blog about their lives.