Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"Juliet says, 'Hey, it's Romeo. You nearly gave me a heart attack.' He's underneath the window, she's singing, 'Hey la, my boyfriend's back. You shouldn't come around here singing up at people like that. Anyway, what you gonna do about it?'" ~dire straits

I went to an advance screening of In Bruges on Wednesday. I was excited about this movie because it was written and directed by Martin McDonagh, who is absolutely brilliant. He wrote my favorite play, The Lieutenant of Inishmore. I couldn't wait to see his most recent film. It features a strong cast, consisting of Colin Farrell, Brendan Gleeson, Ralph Fiennes, and Peter Dinklage. It's a dark comedy/thriller. It's very funny (although sometimes very offensive), and is quite bloody, violent, and disgusting (I expected all that from McDonagh). It took me awhile to get into it, but by the end I was hooked. I thought it was very well made. At first Colin Farrell's character really annoyed me, but the actor is pretty charming and I warmed up to the character as he was further developed. Colin Farrell did a great job. I loved the soundtrack as well. So I recommend seeing the film when it's released (on February 8th).

Tomorrow is going to be the longest day ever. I'm dreading it. I will leave my apartment at 7:00am and won't get home until about 10:00pm (and all that time will be filled with school-related activities). Ew.

In Bruges trailer:

No comments: