Thursday, January 24, 2008

"You’re on the road, but you’ve got no destination. You’re in the mud, in the maze of her imagination. You love this town, even if it doesn’t ring true. You’ve been all over, and it’s been all over you..." ~u2

I went to an advance screening of Forgetting Sarah Marshall today. I was super excited about it; I've been anxiously waiting to see this movie since I first heard about it a loooong time ago. My absolute favorite actress in the world, Kristen Bell, plays the title character. Jason Segel, whom I've loved since Freaks and Geeks, wrote the screenplay and acted in the lead role. Judd Apatow (Knocked Up, Superbad) produced it. Paul Rudd and Jonah Hill had supporting roles. Basically it was made by an amazing group of people whom I greatly admire. So I jumped at the chance to see it. It doesn't open until April 18th, so I was surprised they were screening it so far in advance, but I'm definitely not complaining about that. I loved it. It was hilarious. I only had a couple of complaints (pacing, choppy editing), but overall it was a really fun film. Jason Segel is adorable as always, and he has a couple of awesome musical performances that made me laugh incredibly hard; his character writes a rock opera based on Dracula. Jason Bateman had a really small cameo in the movie, which made me very happy. And, of course, Kristen was lovely.

The last two episodes of Chuck aired tonight. I'm so sad they've run out of episodes. The last episode? Oh. My. Gosh.
Lizzie (to Chuck): "I have two guns. What do you have?"
Sarah: "Me."
That killed me. I nearly started crying.

No comments: