Monday, January 28, 2008

"A lovestruck Romeo, he sings the streets a serenade. Laying everybody low with a love song that he made. Finds a convenient streetlight, steps out of the shade. He says something like, 'You and me, babe, how 'bout it?'" ~dire straits

I've been listening to The Killers' album Sawdust for the past few days. Their cover of Dire Straits' "Romeo and Juliet" is basically on constant repeat right now. I love it so freakin' much. Oh, how I love The Killers. They'd only released 2 studio albums up until Sawdust, and yet they still managed to put together a killer collection of B-sides/rarities. "Under the Gun" (I was upset when they didn't put that on Sam's Town because I loved the demo) and "Leave Your Bourbon on the Shelf" are two other highlights of the album. I feel like it's time for a reprise of one of my favorite photos I've taken.
Brandon Flowers, singing the line "And my stomach is sick" during "Mr. Brightside":
Photobucket
In the full-size picture, you can see every drop of sweat and every wrinkle of pain and every smudge of makeup on his face. It's gorgeous. That Central Park Summerstage concert was amazing; it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. I was in the front row, surrounded by pure energy.

This week I'm starting tutoring through the after-school program at my school. It's on Tuesdays and Thursdays for a couple of hours each day. I'm afraid it'll be pretty draining (I already have my hands full with my regular schedule), but I couldn't really say no.
This week I'm also going back to being a student! I'm taking a class called Drama in Education at CCNY. I can see the building in which my class is held from my apartment (the campus is half a block away), so it's very convenient. I met the professor and she seems great, so I'm excited about it. It meets on Thursday evenings, though, for like three hours, so I'm going to be drained on Thursdays after a full day at work, plus two hours of tutoring, plus three hours of class.

No comments: