Friday, January 11, 2008

"Can't sing but I've got soul, the goal is elevation." ~u2

That song is one of my karaoke staples. It's pretty hilarious to watch.

Last night my roomies threw a party here. I didn't know anyone besides the two of them, but it was still fun. They made some really good food. They made this amazing lasagna, and we all took leftovers to work for lunch today. We have a lot of cake and beer left over.

My kids are driving me insane. The state ELA test is next week, and we've been doing nothing but test prep since the beginning of December. They're beyond sick of it (and so am I). By the end of the day today I was ready to throw someone out the window. I guess I can't blame them for getting frustrated after three hours of ELA test prep (including a listening passage, an essay, and a bunch of exercises) on a Friday, but still, I was pretty upset with them. I had a parent come in yesterday, and I felt terrible. We sat in the AP's office and the mother just sobbed. The kid was at the meeting and cried, too. The kid is C, whom I've written about before. I absolutely adore him, but he's tough. He's got a lot of stuff going on that makes him act up. I called one parent today and should have called more, but I just wasn't up for it. I hate talking to parents. I know it's necessary, but it's not easy. I can't wait for this test to be over. It lasts for three days, and it's a HUGE deal. I'm so stressed about it (the whole school is).

On a more exciting note, I cannot wait to see this. I saw U2 live three times on the Vertigo tour, and their live concerts are absolutely amazing, indescribable experiences. Bootlegs and videos don't do them justice. Hopefully the 3D movie will make viewers feel like they're there. They cut some really good songs out of the concert for this movie (no Zoo Station?!?!), which pisses me off, and it's not the best setlist, but it should still be really good (the reviews I've read so far are very positive).

No comments: