Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"Is there a time for keeping a distance, a time to turn your eyes away? Is there a time for keeping your head down, for getting on with your day?" ~u2

Watch The Colbert Report tonight and look for me! I went to the taping. It was fun, although it entailed a whole lotta waiting time. I got there at 3:45 and was #30 (and I had been worried about not getting in!). It was absolutely freezing outside in line. They started letting people inside the holding area around 4:45. They didn't let us into the studio until after 7:00pm, which seemed really late. They were having problems setting up or something. So they didn't start taping until 7:30. But it was worth it. Stephen Colbert is absolutely hilarious. I love him. And he gave me a high-five!

During the last 6 periods of the day today (and there are only 8 periods total), the principal sequestered my class in the library and buried them with work. They even ate their lunch up there as they worked. They had to stay quiet and in their seats that whole time. They missed their regular classes during those periods, and two of those periods were supposed to be gym, which they always look forward to all week (they only have it once a week). They're really been acting up lately, especially for the art teacher, and it got to the point where serious action needed to be taken. I was glad about it, although I have a feeling they'll be absolutely furious tomorrow.

No comments: