Sunday, January 06, 2008

"She lives alone on her private archipelago, with her palm trees and her seashells. She sits in the waves all day, she's scared of dying, she wants to keep it that way. She sends a boat out on the sea, with a little note for me, it says, "Why are the girls so hungry?" Well, lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala...lalala...Why are the girls so hungry? Said, why are the girls so hungry? Said, why are all the girls so hungry? Why the girls so hungry? I can't see nothing, nononono, can't see nothing, nononono, 'round here. Nono, said I'm lonely, without you. 'Cause I can't see nothing, nothing, 'round here." ~counting crows

Thanks to Elise for reminding me of that version of "Round Here." It's from Paris, 12/9/94, one of the best Counting Crows concerts ever. I love going back to that bootleg. It's absolutely amazing. The "Murder of One" performance from that show makes me cry almost every time I listen to it.

If you read this in time, watch The A Daily Show with Jon Stewart tonight (Tuesday)! (He changed the title until the strike is over). I went to the taping. It was cool. It was his second night back since the strike, and he did just fine without writers. Best line: "My brain's not on strike!" (It was funnier when he said it in the context of the discussion). He mostly discussed the primaries, and he spent a lot of time ragging on Rudy Giuliani. His guest was David Frum, whom I had never heard of before, but my dad said he's pretty famous in the political world. Jon had a hilarious conversation with Stephen Colbert via video during one of the breaks, so that was interesting to watch.
Photobucket

No comments: