Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"But someone, they could have warned you. When things start splitting at the seams and now, the whole thing's tumbling down. Things start splitting at the seams and now, if things start splitting at the seams and now, it's tumbling down hard." ~band of horses

When I made my list of the Best Albums of 2007, I omitted one that should have been there. Band of Horses' Cease to Begin totally deserved to be on that list. I looooove that album. I was reminded of it while watching DVDs of The O.C. season 4 (which my brother gave me for Christmas). Josh Schwartz used a couple of songs by Band of Horses on The O.C. He has also used their music on Chuck. I know I've written about it before, but he is such a musical genius. The O.C., Chuck, and Gossip Girl all have killer soundtracks. Anyway, I've started listening to the album Cease to Begin again and I love it.

I had a pretty good New Year's. As per tradition, I spent it at my friend Kim's house with our families as well as a couple of other families. We had a good time. Kim has a karaoke machine that we love to use. Matt and I performed a horrendous version of Baby Got Back, and I'm terrified that the video my brother took is going to pop up on YouTube or something.

Returning to school today wasn't so bad; a bunch of kids were absent, so it was less crazy than usual. I'm sure it'll be back to its usual state of pandemonium soon.

Quote of the day:
F, one of my students, to me: Ms. B, you're looking a little...fruity today.
Apparently my striped Gap sweater was a little too colorful for him.

Oh, how I missed my kids.

Here are a few of my favorite tracks by Band of Horses.
free music

No comments: