Thursday, January 03, 2008

"I know it doesn't seem that way, but maybe it's the perfect day. Even though the bills are piling, and maybe Lady Luck ain't smiling. But if we'd only open our eyes, we'd see the blessings in disguise. That all the rain clouds are fountains, though our troubles seem like mountains. There's gold in them hills. There's gold in them hills. So don't lose heart, give the day a chance to start." ~ron sexsmith

Oh. My. Goodness. Conan was back last night, without writers, and he was AWESOME. His guitar playing? Hilarious. Especially when he was playing Radiohead's "Creep" as the guys were trying to play Rock Band. And his Beastie Boys' impression was pretty amazing as well. Bob Saget was his first guest, and, as usual, he was very funny. It was such a good show. I'm afraid Conan won't be able to keep up his momentum very long without writers, though. It'll get harder and harder to find ways to fill all that time. Conan's brilliant, but that's got to be hard for anyone to do.
I love Conan. I've been to a few talk show tapings (Jay Leno, Craig Kilborn, Conan) and Conan was definitely my favorite. I'm going to a taping of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart next Tuesday and I'm excited about that.

It is FREEZING today. I don't like it. And all my kids were back today (plus one new one), back to being their wild selves. I'm glad tomorrow is Friday because it means the weekend is approaching, but Friday is my worst teaching day. I planned a social studies activity on the Chinese zodiac calendar that I hope they'll like.

Song of the day: Ron Sexsmith featuring Coldplay's Chris Martin singing "Gold in Them Hills"
free music

No comments: