Monday, September 07, 2009

"You just wanna have a good time, just like everybody else. You don't want to fall apart this time." ~counting crows

I recorded the Counting Crows concert I went to on Thursday. I'm already seeding the .flac files, but it's a huge torrent (1.2GB) and it's mostly the hardcore fans who want that. So I'm posting it here if you just want to listen to it (let me know if you want to be directed towards the torrent).

The concert didn't start until 6 but AD and Dave Bryson came out to do The Ghost in You at 5 and I didn't have my equipment ready, so I'm missing some of that song. Which is a bummer, because they never play it. But at least I got some of it. I was so thrilled they did that, too. They came out and did an acoustic song about every 20 minutes until the concert started, playing Blues Run the Game (I LOVE that song) and Washington Square.

My highlights:
*The three opening acoustic songs.
*A Murder of One, my favorite song.
*A Long December w/ I Am Feathered alts. Gorgeous.
*Going Back to Georgia, with Emmy Rossum (probably best known as Christine in the movie version of The Phantom of the Opera). She's spent some of this tour with them and has a beautiful voice.
*All the Stars and Boulevards (Augustana). Great song, I was thrilled to hear it live.
*Sound of Sunshine and I Got Love for You were my favorite Spearhead songs.
*Good Time is SUCH a good song, and I couldn't believe I was hearing them play it. I was bummed that my sound is screwed up at the end of it, though.
*Why Should You Come When I Call. They were never able to play it in concert before because they didn't have enough people to do the harmonies, but having 19 people onstage definitely solves that problem. And I'm glad.
*It's a fun version of Rain King.
*They always do such great covers: Cecilia (Simon & Garfunkel), Just Like a Woman (Bob Dylan), Caravan (Van Morrison), This Land is Your Land (Woodie Guthrie)...they're so well-chosen.

It really is an impressive setlist. There are a lot of unexpected songs (Another Horsedreamer's Blues, Catapult, and some already mentioned). Because I've been to so many of their shows, I'm always most excited about hearing songs that I haven't heard live before. And it was a really long show. It was nearly four hours of music. I highly recommend listening to it. When you have time. Maybe bookmark the post so you can go back to it.


Get Your Own Player!




I go back to work tomorrow. Ugh. Not looking forward to getting up so early.

No comments: