Saturday, September 26, 2009

"I feel like I am watching everything from space. And in a minute I'll hear my name and I'll wake. I think the finish line's a good place we could start. Take a deep breath, take in all that you could want." ~snow patrol

I've been posting a lot lately, so be sure to scroll down to make sure you haven't missed anything!

Okay, I shared about U2, so now it's time for some more Snow Patrol. I met Amy and Bill on Interference. They had an extra ticket to the concert and very kindly offered it to me for free, so I accepted. I met them for dinner at a nice restaurant called Pearl. They give you free wine; we would finish a pitcher of it and suddenly another pitcher would appear! That was pretty cool, even though I'm not crazy about wine (when it keeps appearing in front of me, I'll drink it). We talked a lot about U2 (they were also going to the show the next day; in fact, after the Snow Patrol concert they were driving straight to Giants Stadium to get their numbers). The Snow Patrol concert was at the Beacon Theatre, which is a beautiful venue. Our seats were in the center of the front row of the balcony, and we had a perfect view. The band was fabulous live, and they played so many of my favorite songs. Before launching into the encore Gary commented that "everything that could go wrong has gone wrong," but the only real problem we noticed was during their first attempt at "Run" (they stopped the song and played it again in the encore). Amy said she noticed Gary was having problems with his monitor, but it didn't affect the music. Gary's banter between the songs is hilarious. I particularly like listening to him after "The Finish Line" and "Somewhere a Clock is Ticking."

I recorded the show, so here it is. I highly recommend listening to it straight through; just leave this window open while you're off doing something else on the computer. At first I started to list the songs I love, but there are just too many. And you really do want to hear him talk between songs. It was a fabulous concert. The recording isn't perfect (the loud songs aren't great), but the quiet songs (The Finish Line, How To Be Dead) sound really good (as do Gary's ramblings; you must listen to the end of "Somewhere a Clock is ticking"). I was so glad I got to meet Amy and Bill, who are so incredibly nice, and go to this show with them.
For anyone who wants to download my mp3s of the concert, here they are.
Scroll down the page for my videos, posted a few days ago.


Get Your Own Player!




Sorry, one more thing! U2 is on the season premiere of SNL tonight, so check it out! (I hope they do the Crazy remix.)

I love this promo. Edge reacting to Megan's last line is priceless. And Larry is so still he looks like a cardboard cutout for most of it.

2 comments:

Denise said...

And now you made me even more jealous lol. This concert sounds amazing as well. And again great seats! I'm listening to Make This Go On Forever now. That's my ultime favorite Snow Patrol song. It sounds so good live! Can't wait to listen to the other songs.

Claire said...

I hope you like the recording!
I keep listening to How To Be Dead, The Finish Line, and Run over and over again.