Thursday, September 10, 2009

"Ring out the bells again, like we did when spring began. Wake me up when September ends." ~green day

The first TV show of the season is back, and I'm quite gleeful about it! (Sorry for the awful pun.) Yes, of course I'm talking about Glee. I mostly love it because of the actors (and the music). I always think it's cool to see people I've seen on Broadway in films and TV shows.
I saw Lea Michele (she plays Rachel on the show) in Spring Awakening; in fact, I sat next to her onstage (they had onstage seating, and the cast members sat amongst us during the scenes in which they weren't acting). I saw her half-naked from very close-up. So it's cool to see her on TV. And she has a gorgeous voice.
I've also seen Matthew Morrison (he plays Mr. Schuester) on Broadway, in The Light in the Piazza and Hairspray. Gah, I adore him. He is so freakin' gorgeous. And he has a beautiful voice as well; I hope they showcase it more on Glee. He can do much more than "Gold Digger" (although that was a great scene).
The extended pilot and the second episode (which aired last night) are both on Hulu, so go watch them. It's a fun show. Not necessarily quality TV, but fun. Next up on my list of returning shows: Gossip Girl on Monday! I know I don't really have time to waste watching TV, but I honestly need it for my mental health. I need to unwind or I'll go crazy.

School has started and I'm already exhausted. Seventh graders are not easy to handle. At all. Ugh. It was good to see some of my kids again, but some of them I could do without. I think it'll be easier once we get into the swing of things and really dive into the curriculum. The beginning of the year is always chaotic.

My favorite cousin uploaded some ridiculous photos to facebook. Here are my faves:




This is how I feel about going back to school:

1 comment:

gege said...

I love the last pic . It's fun