Monday, September 14, 2009

"Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?" ~virginia woolf

Ladies and gentlemen, look what is in my possession:

How beautiful is that?! I love that label on the front that says "ADVANCE READING COPY." That makes me feel so special. This is the bright spot in my week. If I don't post for a few days, it will be because I will be spending my free time devouring this book. Random thought: I think it's interesting that they wrote, "By the Booker Prize winning author of The Handmaid's Tale" when she won the Booker Prize for The Blind Assassin, not The Handmaid's Tale. I guess The Handmaid's Tale is her most famous novel, though. Anyway, I love her.

Other highlights of the week: Clijsters and Del Potro winning the U.S. Open. Hooray for Federer being taken down! I really don't like him. The first U.S. Open match I watched this year was Clijsters vs. Serena Williams, and I sure picked a good one. I also watched the finals (well, the last set of each match). I'm very happy.

Other recent highlights: Sunday (yesterday) I went to Broadway on Broadway and then the Brooklyn Book Festival. I'd like to post about them but I just don't have time now. But they were great.

Oh, and Kanye West is a jerk and an idiot. To put it nicely. Seriously, I can't get over his stunt at the VMAs. It really pisses me off.

RIP Patrick Swayze. :(

No comments: